The Great Irish Links Challenge 2017
Links Golf At Its Finest.
Play Lahinch Golf Club & Trump International Golf Links Doonbeg
Lahinch Golf Club and Trump Internation Golf Links Doonbeg have combined to create the Great Irish Links Challenge. You can play two of the countries finest courses over 4 days, while also experiencing Irish Hospitality on the Wild Atlantic Way. There are daily prizes on offer & the winners will receive the coveted title of Great Irish Links Champion.
The Great Irish Links Challenge tournament takes place from May 15th-18th 2017 & includes 3 rounds of golf for €625pp.
Great Irish Links Challenge Courses:
Length: 6,950 yards
Lahinch founded in 1892 is one of the oldest golf clubs in Ireland and the Old Course is one of the most respected links courses in the world. It sits right on the Atlantic coastline on the South West Coast of Ireland in county Clare. Lahinch Golf Club has two courses the Castle Course and the Old Course. The Old Course is frequently referred to as the ‘Saint Andrews of Ireland’ as it looks out on the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean. It is a classic links course with rolling dunes and fairways and typical MacKenzie greens. There isn’t a mundane shot on the entire golf course, and your jaw will often drop at the views. Undulating fairways, heavily guarded greens, and blind shots are among Lahinch’s challenges.
The Old Course is frequently referred to as the ‘Saint Andrews of Ireland’ as it looks out on the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean. It is a classic links course with rolling dunes and fairways and typical MacKenzie greens. There isn’t a mundane shot on the entire golf course, and your jaw will often drop at the views. Undulating fairways, heavily guarded greens, and blind shots are among Lahinch’s challenges.
There isn’t a mundane shot on the entire golf course, and your jaw will often drop at the views. Undulating fairways, heavily guarded greens, and blind shots are among Lahinch’s challenges. “Lahinch will make the finest and most popular course that I, or I believe anyone else, ever constructed.” Dr. Alastair Mackenzie
Length: 6,885 yards
Doonbeg Golf Club founded in 2002 is situated about 4 miles North of Doonbeg village and only 45 minutes drive from Shannon International Airport. Set along 1.5 miles of crescent-shaped beach and dunes on Ireland’s southwest coast, Doonbeg Golf Club designed by two-time British Open champion Greg Norman is a thinking man’s course, with a premium on accuracy over power. The majestic dunes, centuries old, reach almost 100 feet. Norman’s philosophy of least disturbance has produced a course created by nature and laid out by man. The
The par-72 layout features a single loop of nine holes out and nine back, playing 6,885 yards from the back tees. The speed and direction of the wind cause a consistent variation in play – to allow for a range of conditions and abilities, most holes feature five or more tee locations. The most natural routing within the existing dunes resulted in an uncommon combination of five par 3’s and five par 5’s. With such unique attributes and stunning views of the Atlantic from 16 holes, it’s clear you’ll never play another course like it.
- The tournament will consist of teams of 2 golfers competing over 3 rounds. The scoring format will be best ball Stableford points, and the team with the most cumulative points over all 3 rounds will be crowned champion. There will also be prizes for 2nd and 3rd placed teams as well as daily prizes for each round.
- Maximum handicap 24 per player. Approved Golf Union handicaps/indexes from June 27th, 2016 will be the handicap used for the tournament.
- Please note all golfers must have a current handicap and the handicap must be affiliated to a recognized golfing union.
- All players must have a current handicap cert on registration and players will enjoy of their playing handicap.
- For our North American Competitors, the competition committee will slope your handicap accordingly. The committee reserve the right to refuse tournament entry to players without a current handicap certificate
- The rules of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrew’s, except where modified by the local rules or tournament committee.
- To avoid confusion and disappointment, there may be a limit to a number of caddies available at each course. We advise that you book a caddy prior to arrival. Caddies will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
- Awards will be presented to the overall champions, second place winners, and third place winners.
Teams with the best daily combined score from each golf course will receive prizes also.
- The rules committee will be formed by representatives from Trump Doonbeg G.C & Lahinch G.C. The decision of the committee is final.
- Motorized caddy carts are strictly not available for hire for the duration of the event. All golfers must be 18 years and older to participate in the event.
Terms & Conditions for the Great Irish Links Challenge:
Special Offer is Valid Only for this tournament.
Other courses & services (Accommodation/Transport) can be added to the above on request.
Limited availability on special offer.
Golf package is subject to availability.